May 10, 2010

More News Regarding Inhuman Execution of 5 Kurdish Political Prisoners

A member of ISC reports from Meli (beheshti) University
Tehran, May 10, 2010
While students of Meli University were protesting since morning against the execution of 5 political prisoners on May 9 Ahmadinejad went to the university to make a speech at Aboraihan Hall.
Harasat had covered everywhere and they didn’t let any car in. If more than two people gathered closed to the hall they were not allowed to stand there.
When we heard that Ahmandinejad has come we gathered near the hall and our number increased gradually but a wall of Harasat agents and Bassijies was between us and the hall. So we changed course and tried to get close to the hall from the other side it was closed there too. So we decided to go towards the hall and push the Bassijies to open our way.
The Bassijies beat us or dragged us to arrest us. They took a student and wanted to drag him away but others rescued him.
We chanted anti regime slogans and threw coins towards the Bassijies chanting ‘Bassiji has gone mad’, ‘the murderer of the nation has come here’, ‘student will die but will not yield to oppression’, ‘death to dictator’.
We also sang the unity song of the students.


Tehran  - 1330- in front of Evin Prison 
Tehran, May 10, 2010
Though the families of executed political prisoners of May 9 tried hard to receive their bodies still they have not been successful.
All their families and other mourning people, their friends and relatives have gathered in front of Evin Prison.
A family member of Farzad said: “they haven’t given us the body yet. They are playing with us since morning from Evin to Revolutionary Court and then back to Evin we are like wonderers”.
The family member added: “a great number of people have gathered in front of the prison but the officials say that they will give us the corpse only if people disperse in this way they are making us to disperse the crowd.
The crowd has withdrawn back a little but they are still present at the premises”.


Kurdistan is uneasy
May 10, 2010
Following the criminal execution of 5 political prisoners, different cities of Kurdistan including Kamyaran, Saqez and Sanandaj are uneasy.
People have gathered in protest in the Azadi Square of Sanandaj.



Courageous female political prisoner was not willing to bow down to tyranny 
The Iranian regime executed Shirin Alamhouli, a female Kurd political prisoner on the dawn of May 19, 2010 in Evin Prison. Shirin was told that if she gave interviews on state-run television to ’confess’ against herself she would not be executed, but she refused to cooperate with the regime.
Shirin was born in 1981 in a village near Maku and was arrested in 2008 by agents of the Revolutionary Guards Corps. She was tortured in an unknown location for the first 25 days of her incarceration.
Her death sentence was announced to her lawyer on January 3 but her case investigation in the court of first instance was not legal and therefore her lawyer filed for an appeal.
In a letter dated May 2, 2010, Shirin wrote about the torture she was subjected to in prison.
This letter reads in part:
“I was jailed for three years which meant that I had spent three years of my life, two of which I was without a lawyer, behind the metal bars of Evin prison. I was jailed for two years in a state of limbo and without a detention order. They would not answer my contestant pleas about my undetermined state and in the end, they sentenced me to death.
They have told me to deny the fact that I am a Kurd so I say that if I were to do such a thing, it would be like denying myself”.
Shirin addressed her interrogator and judge and wrote: “In the time that you interrogated me I could not even speak your language and I only learned Farsi from my friends in prison in the last two years. But you interrogated and tried me with your own language and issued a sentence for me. This is while I did not clearly understand what was going on around me and could not defend myself.
The tortures I was subjected to give me nightmares. My pain and suffering from the tortures are with me everyday. The blow that I received on my head has led to injuries in my head. Sometimes I have severe pain. My headaches are so severe that I black out and do not know what is going on around me for hours and I get nose bleeds from the pain until I gradually come to again”.
The tortures and pressures subjected to Shirin in prison have also affected her eyesight.
“They have asked me to cooperate with them so that I would not be executed. I do not know what cooperating with them means when I have nothing more to tell them. As a result, they have asked me to repeat what they tell me and I have refused. The interrogator said: We wanted to release you last year, but because your family did not cooperate with us, it led to this. The interrogator has admitted that I am only a hostage in their hands and they will keep me and execute me to reach their goals, but they will never release me”.



Iran Writers Center in Exile: the Islamic Republic is a criminal regime 
May 20.1010 
Statement of the Iran Writer’s Center in Exile – May 19, 2010: The violent act of the execution of 5 political prisoners shows that the Iranian regime is willing to commit any crime to maybe find a solution to come out of its crisis. This shows the desperation of the regime in not being able to break these five prisoners and the uprising of the Iranian people for freedom and equality.
The Iran Writer’s Center in Exile condemns the execution of these five political prisoners and asks people all over the world to raise their voice in protest to this crime and to fight the cruelty of this reactionary regime.



Students Committee in Iran (Supporters of PMOI)

No comments:

Post a Comment