January 1, 2011

I hope my father’s execution will rouse those who are still asleep

The Saremi family and a number of their friends and relatives gathered outside Evin Prison demanding to see Ali Saremi but received no answers and froze in the cold temperatures until morning.
Ali Saremi’s daughter Leila expressed her last farewells to her executed father in a letter addressed to God.
This letter reads in part:
I hope that one day the daughters and sons and grandchildren of the Iranian people will never have to wait outside the doors of prison to witness the inhumane scenes of execution.
Dear God, if I come to you, I will tell you about the reality of the hardships on earth and I will tell you how painful it is not be with a father which the most valuable thing to you on earth.
I will tell you that living on earth without freedom is so hard, painful and intolerable and if you believe, me give me the power to wipe off all this evil from the world and try to find the best in life.
Dear God, if a land was filled with darkness, how will you bring the light to this land? How will you make it up to the people who are forced to live in this land?
Will you ever be able to bring back the lifetime that was wasted away?
I hope that the execution of my dear father will rouse those who are still asleep. Those who rule over us and decide for us and our children have turned off the voice of their conscience.

No comments:

Post a Comment