January 1, 2011

100% rise in price of fabric in a week

Tehran, Dec. 30, 2010
The price of each kg of fabric has risen 100% in Tehran’s Great Baazar.
Khabar Online site said that the price was 7000 tomans last week and is 14000 tomans now. People in fabric bazaar say that raise in cost of energy carriers and transportation price of goods are the main reason of this price rise.

Poya Saremi threatened to be re-detained

Tehran, Dec. 30, 2010
At the day of Ali Saremi’s execution his wife and daughter Poya have been arrested along with some other families and friends of him.
The Intelligence interrogators asked Poya: why did you gathered in front of Evin from night till morning?
Poya had answered: to know and to remember where my father was taken from me.
When the henchmen wanted to set her free they threatened her: “don’t make yourself coming back here! You must be careful what you do otherwise if you are back here (at Evin) it would not be our fault”!

Striking letter of Zainab Saremi to his father after his execution

Tehran, Dec. 30, 2010
Zainab’s letter speaks of moments of a girl who feels her kind and struggling father going to the gallows and hears his cry of ‘Hussein’ with all her cells: Father, we came so that they would shot mother, my sisters and I at heart to let you live and defend my homeland!
The full letter:
“I write this letter for the soul of my great father so that it would hear!
My dear dad, I wish I could know if you could feel us behind the prisons wall!
In the cold winter weather we were all shaking and the SSFs were sitting in their cars warming themselves.
Father, I came to kiss your shining face.
I came so that they would shoot my mother, my sisters and I at heart but you could live and defend my homeland!
I lasted not more than 20 minutes that two ambulances came close to Azan (call for praying time) and they wanted to enter Evin through its iron door. On one of them it was written inspection…They haven’t entered yet that the cry of ‘Hussein’, ‘Hussein’, ‘Hussiein’ broke the chilling silence of Evin and strangled with Azan in a night full of stars and moon!
I couldn’t move. I cannot describe it. We all felt the chill. After Azan the SSFs went and we were left there.
Dad, I saw you flew away and left us behind. But we have not been left behind; just look at you footprint! The whole world came; they are following your path even with broken heads!
Father! I love you from the bottom of my heart. I love you. I love you.

Ali Saremi: I demand nothing from the henchmen

Tehran, Dec. 31, 2010
Ali Saremi stood to pray before his execution. When the torturers wanted to blindfold him when hanging him he didn’t accept and said that he wanted his eyes open and he went up the gallows while crying the name of Imam Hussein (Imam Hussein is the symbol for withstanding against oppressors in any condition).
His wife says: “on Monday we went to visit him (the day before his execution). The cabin’s phone didn’t work properly. My daughter Zainab told his father: Dad! Ask for one more visit, and he answered back: my darling I ask these henchmen none”.
She adds: “once Misagh (Misagh Yazdan Nejad political prisoner) called me and said: tell Mr. Ali that now that we are transferred and you are in ward 2, ask them to transfer you to our cell; I did so but Ali answered me: I will never demand anything from these henchmen…”

Students of Mashed, Shiraz and other cities condemn the execution of political prisoner Ali Saremi, supporter of PMOI

Tehran, Dec. 30, 2010
The statement of students of Mashed’s university reads in part: “…We the students of Mashed Azad University condemn the hidden and anti-human execution of this political prisoner at the age of 63. We count this as a witness to regime’s horror from ever-adding protests. This Establishment which is striving to be on power for a while longer commits any crime and villainy…”
Students of Shiraz condemned this wicked act by saying in their statement: “it is clear for everybody that the dictator regime intends to pave the way for the execution of other prisoners including our classmates. We a group of students of Shiraz being the stratum which seeks freedom, democracy and gaining the minimum human rights, strongly condemn the executions on Tuesday. We demand that all freedom-loving people would condemn this act to prevent more pressure on political prisoners…”

Other students issuing statement in condemnation of Ali Saremi’s execution are:
- Students from Tabriz
- Students from Golestan Provinc
- Students of Chamran University, Ahwaz
- Students of Gilan University

The following guilds and societies also condemned the execution in their statements:
- Society in Solidarity with Baazar’s Guilds
- Guild of Shoemakers of Tehran
- Shopkeepers of region 10 of Tehran
- Association in solidarity with Iran’s Laborers
- Residents of Haft-e-Tir region in Tehran
- Residents of Hashemi Street in Tehran
- Students residing in Nazi Abad region of Tehran
- Gold Sellers of Tehran
- Laborers of Tehran Pars
- Laborers of Karaj’s Mehr Shahr
- Laborers of Tehran Pars
- Restaurants of region 3 of Tehran
- Iron Sellers of Tehran’s Baazar
- A group of residents of region 15 of Tehran
- A group of taxi agencies of Broojerd
- Restaurant Guild of Broojerd
- A group of outfit shops of region 6 in Tehran
- The Committee of Defending the Annulment of Decree of Execution

No comments:

Post a Comment