December 29, 2010

For you, our lives have no value, long live Iran – Ali Saremi

In answer to the announcement of his death sentence by the Tehran Prosecutor Jafari Dolat Abadi in December 2009, political prisoner Ali Saremi bravely gave the following message from prison:
“In the name of God- Whenever the rights of a people are plundered, a resistance is created and tyrants are forced to carry out wicked acts and suppress the people.
Dear compatriots, Tehran Prosecutor Dolat Abadi said in an interview which was published in the Kayhan (hardline daily) on May 16, 2010 that I was charged with having links to the PMOI and that I was arrested in September 2009 after the elections.
This is while I was arrested on September 4, 2007 which means two years before the elections and after I went to Ashraf City to see my son in 2005. I was sentenced to one year of prison for that visit which lasted a few days.
My arrest in 2007 was because I participated in a ceremony in Khavaran Cemetery which is the gravesite of those executed in 1988. However, is going to the cemetery or supporting an organization or visiting ones son, really enmity with God and punishable by death?
In line with this, the Tehran Prosecutor’s statements are baseless and it does not even require an explanation. It is so baseless that they are not even willing to announce this sentence to my lawyer. They have sent and confirmed the sentence to an appeals court without it having my signature or that of my lawyer. Despite this, I cry out and say that even if they hang me, they do not scare my compatriots or me because I have scared them so much that they are forced to execute me.
The only reason behind these kinds of sentences is their fear of their unsteady status and not to carry out justice. Now, as a father whose children Farzad, Ali, Farhad, Shirin and Mehdi (executed political prisoners) were recently taken to the gallows and thousands of other children who were slain before this, what is expected of me except to cry out as a freedom loving Iranian that if in my lifetime and even in the 23 years of my detention in prison I was not able to carry out my duty for God, my people and country, maybe my execution will be effective in rousing my people.
I cry out again and address my people and country when I say that ‘for you, our lives have no value, long live Iran’ – Political prisoner Ali Saremi

Political prisoners send message from prison on the execution of political prisoner Ali Saremi

A group of political prisoners in cellblock 2 in Gohardasht (Rajayi Shahr) Prison in Karaj sent a message from prison to commemorate the memory of executed courageous political prisoner Ali Saremi who was hung today in Evin Prison.
This message reads in part: “We give our condolences to all freedom lovers, those who are fighting for freedom and especially to the family of Ali Saremi for the martyrdom of this courageous Mojahed. Ali Saremi was hanged on Tuesday December 28 by the executioner while neither he nor us believed that he would actually be executed. After being summoned by the Intelligence Unit he was in high spirits and said goodbye to us. We were waiting for his return and were counting the hours and minutes when he would come back. We never believed that our friend was transferred to Evin Prison for the implementation of his death sentence. Prison officials cut off all our communications with the outside world in fear that we would make calls. All the freedom loving people of Iran should know that Saremi was forced to sleep in the hallways of the cellblock 2 due to shortage of space before he was taken for execution. The cruel rulers of Iran should know that with suppression and killings, the struggles of our people for freedom and social justice will not cease and the execution of Ali Saremi will have no other consequence than more notoriety for the regime”.

No comments:

Post a Comment