November 7, 2010

UPDATE ON IRAN - Nov. 7, 2010

Iran hangs man in Isfahan
Nov. 5, 2010
Despite international and internal pressures, the Iranian regime still continues its executions and hanged another person in Isfahan.
According to reports, the Public and Revolutionary Prosecutor of Isfahan announced that after the death sentenced of Hossein M. was confirmed by the Supreme Court, he was hanged in the Central Isfahan Prison. (Norouz TV Website) 

Death row political prisoner describes inhumane torture in letter from prison
Nov. 5, 2010
Death row political prisoner Hossein Khezri requested that his complaint against the intelligence agency, Revolutionary Guards Corps and the Iranian judicial system be followed up in a letter to the public and human rights organizations.
He said in his letter that he was severely tortured and forced to make confessions while detained in the Sepah solitary cells in a secret detention center which is not under the supervision of the Prison Organization.
This letter reads in part:
“I was sentenced to death on charges of acting against national security by the first branch of the Orumieh Revolutionary Court. This sentence was upheld by the 10th branch of the Western Azarbaijan Court of Review and by the 31st branch of the Revolutionary Court…
I was arrested on July 31, 2008 in Kermanshah by forces of the Nabi Akram Revolutionary Guards Corps Forces and was in their hands for 49 days. I was subjected to physical and mental torture while being interrogated. Some of the physical tortures were:
1- Being beaten for hours every day
2- Being subjected to mental and physical pressure while under interrogation
3- I was threatened by my interrogators that if I did not accept what they said, they could accuse my brother and my sister’s husband of illegal activities against the government
4- I was kicked in my reproductive organs which led to bleeding and swelling in that area of my body for 14 days
5- I had an 8 centimeter gash in my right leg as a result of a hard kick in my leg by an interrogator which is still visible
6- I was beaten all over my body with batons
All of these were carried out while I was detained in the RGC detention center in Kermanshah for 49 days …
After I was transferred to Orumieh Prison on February 14, 2009 I was taken to court for the first and last time on May 11, 2009 in the first branch of the Orumieh Revolutionary Court. A representative from the Orumieh Intelligence Agency and the prosecutor were present in this session and I was threatened by intelligence agents before court that I was not to talk about the tortures or the interrogations. Of course I was tortured into silence! In the end, without being given enough time to defend myself, the session was closed in 10 minutes which led me to question how me and my lawyer were supposed to put up a case against the accusations with that particular atmosphere in court in 10 minutes.

Iran sentences social activist to 14 years of prison
Nov. 6, 2010
Ahmad Bob, a Kurd social activist was sentenced to 14 years of prison. This social activist said in an interview that he was ‘sentenced to 14 years of prison on charges of membership in dissident groups and propagating and spying for foreigners”.
Bob said that he was under severe torture for 33 days in a solitary cell.
Ahmad Bob was arrested on August 27, 2009 in Marivan and was released on a 700 million toman (700,000 dollar) bail after 195 days.


Iran Students Committee (Supporters of PMOI)

No comments:

Post a Comment